Learn how to P-Tex/Base repair a ski or snowboard
Learn how to P-Tex/Base repair a ski or snowboard by Canadian National Team athlete Sam Mckeown.
Materials Needed: metal scraper, a stick of p-tex, lighter and an x-acto knife blade.
Steps to complete repair:
- Use your x-acto knife blade to clean up any remaining base or other debris in the damaged area of your ski or snowboard
- Take your lighter and stick of p-tex and heat the end of the p-tex until it holds the flame once on fire
- Hold the stick of ptex above the damaged area of the ski or snowboard and drip the p-tex into the damaged area
- Once you have dripped a sufficient amount of p-tex into the damaged area hold your metal scraper on top applying light pressure for 10 to 15 seconds
- Once the 10 to 15 seconds has passed scrape away any remaining p-tex with your metal scraper