Mustang Survival - Khimera Dual Flotation PFD
You already choose your own adventures. Now, choose your own buoyancy in the Khimera™. Offering the security of foam in a slim profile, the option to boost your buoyancy with the pull of a cord keeps your movements (and your flotation) as fluid and dynamic as your waterlife activities. Initially designed for paddlers with a growing number of fans in the sailing world, Khimera’s tailored-to-the-body design helps you stay sleek while staying protected. Paddling without the bulk of a traditional foam vest—but with all the safety—is a revolutionary act.
20.5 lbs of buoyancy (7.5 lbs of foam keep most bodies neutrally buoyant,13 lbs additional buoyancy available when cells inflated). Wide arm slots and a minimal silhouette allow you to keep your mobility at a high so your center of gravity stays low - getting back in your boat with ease. Soft and durable material stands up to your adventures, yet won’t chafe or rub. Simple deflation system makes transitioning between buoyancies a breeze; no repacking required - just squeeze air out of the inflation cell and rearm the CO2 cylinder, then you're done. Adjustable shoulder and waist straps create a custom fit; attachment points and front pocket allow you to bring everything you need for a successful expedition like an extra C02 cylinder (sold separately).
- Approval: Harmonized Level 70 - USA and Canada (Meets minimum buoyancy of 15.7 LBS)
- 20.5 LBS total dual buoyancy (7.5 LBS foam buoyancy, 13 LBS additional buoyancy when cells inflated)
- Dual flotation system blends the security of foam flotation with the slim profile of inflation technology
- Easy re-arm - just squeeze air out of the inflation cell, add new CO2 cylinder and you're done
- Lightweight and low profile design offers greater comfort and range of motion, and eases re-entry into your boat from the water
- Adjustable shoulder and waist straps create a close-to-body fit
- Bright reflective shoulder patches for visibility
- Front storage pocket and slot to hold extra CO2 cylinder (not included)
- Front shoulder attachment point
- Compatible with Re-arm Kit G (Model # MA7116)